Come Back to Football!
Walking Football is designed to help people keep an active lifestyle despite their age or physical condition, as well as getting those back playing football who have previously had to stop for whatever reason.
The aims of the Wycombe Wanderers Walking Football Club (“WWWFC”) are to:
- Provide people the opportunity to still play the game;
- Improve the physical fitness and health levels of participants;
- Increase levels of social interaction and therefore personal wellbeing via participation in walking football sessions.
Despite the fact that no running is allowed, the walking format of football is surprisingly tiring, and you certainly work up a sweat.
WWWFC has been running since 2015 and consists of two all-inclusive drop-in sessions during the week (one session during the winter months) and also two representative teams that compete in the Thames Valley Walking Football League, playing against clubs from Bracknell, Wokingham, Oxford, Watford, and Maidenhead amongst others.
WWWFC is managed by its participants which gives ownership and freedom to direct the sessions as the players see fit. There is a committee in operation that ensures that the main objectives associated with the sessions, those of fun, enjoyment and inclusivity, always remain at the forefront of thinking.
So if you would like to come and give Walking Football a try please get in touch with WWSET on 01494 455736 or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively feel free to turn up at one of the sessions as there’s no need to book:
- Venue: Amersham & Wycombe College (Flackwell Heath Campus, Spring Lane, HP10 9HE)
- Day: Every Tuesday (all year) and every Thursday (April – Oct)
- Time: 7.00pm – 8.00pm
- Playing surface: 4G