In line with our promise to be as open as we can, here are the points discussed at the December Trust Board meeting. Naturally there are some matters which we reserve the right not to put here into the public domain. Another Trust Members’ Meeting will be held early in the New Year.
– General Matters and Finance
Don Woodward reported on the financial situation which remains tight.
We have some bigger matches coming up, especially in January which should enhance the cash flow.
Capital Funding Scheme – So far indications are that £188K has been promised. It is hoped to have more details of this scheme very soon.
David Roberton reported on the injury situation. He also noted that there is considerable interest in some of our players from other clubs
Garry Heath reported that FALL will hold a Board Meeting to formally approve last year’s accounts
Community Trust (WWSET)
– No formal report presented as WWSET Board doesn’t meet again until early January
– To try to generate sponsorship and funding it is proposed that a showcase evening is organised.
Any Other Business
– Park and Ride. David Cook is still in talks with Arriva.
– Club president Monty Seymour will reach 100 years old on the 11th May 2014.
– It is proposed to organise a WWFC trip to Kenya again next year and the organiser has asked for any supporters, staff and players to volunteer to join the expedition.