On 25th May 2018, a new Data Privacy law is being introduced, bringing the UK in line with European legislation.
Under GDPR, every individual whose data is held, has the following rights:
- the right to be informed about the collection and use of their personal data.
- the right of access to their personal data and any supplementary information.
- the right to have personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- the right to enable an individual to request the deletion or removal of personal data
- the right of individuals to obtain and reuse their personal data for their own purposes
- the right to object to processing based on legitimate interests or direct marketing
- the rights relating to making a decision solely by automated means
This explanatory statement covers the following data held by Wycombe Wanderers Supporters Group Ltd (“WWSGL”), Wycombe Wanderers Football Club (“WWFC”) and Wycombe Wanderers Ladies Football Club (“WWLFC”), known collectively, for the purpose of this statement only, as ‘the Club’:
- Community Share Scheme Register
- Trust Membership
- Chairboys Funders
- 500 Club Membership
- Sponsorship, Supplier and Customer data
- Season Ticket Holders
- Staff, including playing staff
- Founder, Ordinary & Voting Shareholders
- Player Registration
The Information Commissioners’ Office (ICO) allows the use of Legitimate Interest Assessment (“LIA”) to be used as a form of consent for individuals’ data to be held and processed, providing:
- the individual would reasonably expect such data to be held, and
- there is minimal privacy impact
An LIA has been conducted for all data currently held and has been deemed to be an acceptable form of consent. In addition, and for the avoidance of doubt, the Club will seek opt-in consent for the use of email to advise individuals of Club events, promotions and partner offers. The Club confirms that it does not share any of the above data with any third party, other than may be legally required by UK regulatory bodies.
Further information will be provided closer to 25th May, but anyone having a concern, who believes that his or her data is held under any of the above categories, should contact the Club either by email at [email protected], or in writing at Adams Park, Hillbottom Road, High Wycombe HP12 4HJ.