The October monthly Trust Board meeting was made available to members to watch and listen, with participation in a Q&A session towards the end.
The draft minutes can now be published
To save time in the meeting, the report on Wycombe Wanderers Ladies FC was submitted in advance and can be read here :
Report from WWSET:
- Xmas provision as discussed with NK and PL (looking for volunteers for various aspects
- WWSET delivered an accredited mental health first aid course at AP last week for staff and members of the public – attended by 12 people.
- Future Goals project working with targeted kids who are disengaged with education has gone very well over the first term of the year. Working with circa 180 children each week.
- Continue to build strong links with new Buckinghamshire Council – recently met with the Head of Service for Looked After Children and we’re planning on delivering a collaborative project for local kids in foster care, adopted homes, care homes and for recent care leavers. They also signed up to become a Friend of WWSET.
- WWSET currently looking at the topic of Equality, Diversity & Inclusion within the organisation. Have a staff training day next week that EqualiTeach are delivering (https://equaliteach.co.uk/). Also recently submitted a £68K funding application in partnership with Bucks Mind, Oasis Partnership (substance misuse charity), Age UK Bucks and Citizens Advice Bucks to do some collaborative research around breaking down barriers in order to better engage local minority communities.
- Delivering the Play Into Space youth club this week which is going well. Aims to give kids in Micklefield a safe space to spend their time during the school holidays…just a shame that numbers have to be limited due to Covid.
- Currently advertising for a Custody Intervention Coach to be based in Aylesbury Police Station Custody Suite (as the Wycombe Suite is closed due to Covid). They will aim to engage young people who have been arrested and work with them upon release to develop positive pathways.
- Plans for Green Street still progressing well – just waiting on final sign off from the council in order to proceed. Also recently achieved £5K to pay for a consultancy organisation to assist with our community engagement process that will strengthen our planning application plus make sure the facility is of maximum appeal to the local people.