Our next Trust Board meeting will commence at 7pm on Thursday 23rd December.
The next board meeting is just a couple of days before Christmas. In the light of this and the current uncertainty regarding the vaccine efficacy vs the new Omicron variant, we are holding this meeting on a Zoom only basis.
This meeting will be on Zoom only with a joining link which was sent to members by email on Sunday 19th December as part of the ‘Christmas Update from the Trust’
As always Members can put any questions on the night for the Q&A session.
Wycombe Wanderers Women – December 2021.
- Training for matches has been moved to Beaconsfield Town FC. The club is forming a good relationship with BTFC. It also is easier for players/coaches to access as is close to motorway links.
- A planned quiz run by the Trust with proceeds heading to the Women’s section. This will take place on Friday 28th January, 7pm via Zoom. Team entry is £5. Hosted by Phil Catchpole.
- Our young apprentice reporters visited Adams Park for the Burton fixture to experience life in the media/press box! They received some handy tips Phil Catchpole from BBC3CR and James Richings from the BFP. After the game, the girls interviewed Joe Jacobson and listened in on questions asked to Gareth Ainsworth. In aid of #HerGameToo, founder of Her game too, Lucy Ford also spoke to the girls. You can rewatch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igip5MuiWbM
- Recently, the reporters also met with Pete Couhig as they took part in a Q & A. This can be watched here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaEHFS2P3hA&t=30s
- After picking up a few wins rover the last few weeks, the first team have managed to bump themselves up the table. They now sit 6th with 10 points going into the Christmas break. The reserves are 3rd with 16 points in division 3N. Over in the u18s league, they sit 2nd with 27 points (currently joint top on points with different goal difference).
Emily Isaac, WWW Ambassador. 14.12.21
WWSET Report for December
- WWSET worked with Chiltern Toy bank to make 31 deliveries of toys to families in the Wycombe area who were in need of support this Xmas
- Free holiday and food camp being delivered this week for 50 children on free school meals at Highcrest Academy
- X2 football camps being delivered this week in Wycombe and Beaconsfield
- Elite Development Academy (girls & boys) playing fixtures this week across the various age groups. Opposition include Brentford, Swindon, Crawley, Northampton
- Final interviews have taken place for new Head of Social Inclusion & Community Cohesion – hope to offer role this week
- WWSET delivered x2 training events on LGBT+ inclusion to Bucks Adult Learning staff during Dec
- WWSET Head of Fundraising & Communications Mark Fawkes took part in Marlow Santa Fun Run and was joined by Bodger. If anybody would like to donate money they can do so here: https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/wwset?utm_term=pqrK5Bvg5
- WWSET supported the club in the Rainbow Laces campaign at the dedicated fixture on Dec 7th v’s Burton Albion.
- Gained funds to deliver a new skateboarding project targeting refugees and asylum seekers which begins in Feb 2022.