Aims and Objectives
- Provide a team of Volunteers that are able to help the Club at no cost wherever we are needed.
- Give fans an opportunity to put something back into their football club
- Allow fans to meet and enjoy the company of other like minded people who want to help their Club.
How does it work?
- We have a register of Volunteers and their skills and request their help as needed
- We have a Volunteer policy and practice document which all volunteers need to read and sign. See document below.
- The Volunteer team is organised by Georgina Heritage (pictured below with Alfie Heritage doing the matchday ticket collection), her contact details are [email protected]
What roles do the Volunteers carry out?
- Matchday volunteers organise the Upper car park, help on Club reception, pull pints in the fans’ villages, sell programmes and dismantle the safety nets pre games.
- We also carry out one off tasks, such as seat cleaning pre the start of the season, strimming banks and verges at AP, helping in the office and litter picking post home games.
- We also have a team of weekday volunteers who carry out work at the stadium such as painting, cleaning, small repairs etc.
What’s in it for me?
- A feeling of pride to have helped the Club and saved them lots of money.
- An opportunity to meet with other volunteers outside matchdays.
- You’ll gain an understanding of how important the small things are that go to help the smooth running of the football Club.
- On matchdays you will get a food voucher that entitles you to a drink and a burger (or similar) and will be able to park at the stadium.
How do I Join?
- If you’d like to join the Volunteer team, please fill in THIS form
and email it to Georgina Heritage, giving her your telephone number for contact.
Key Volunteer Contacts
- Leaders of the Volunteer taskforce – Nigel Kingston and John Jewell, you can contact them on [email protected] and [email protected]
- Volunteer organiser, Georgina Heritage, [email protected]
Why do our Volunteers do it?
- “After retiring about 6 years ago I spent a few years doing not a lot. I then answered a call for Volunteers at Adams Park. I’ve now been volunteering for about 4 years and enjoy every minute of it. We have a great group and I like to think I’ve found new friends too. WWFC has been my Club for as long as I can remember and I’m pleased to do whatever I can to make AP a better place for everyone.” Dave
Some of our Volunteers doing their bit.
Picture at the top shows two of our regular programme selling volunteers, Jenny Darby and Margaret Hodgson
Pictured below are four of the matchday car parking volunteers: Chris Hendren, Alfie Heritage, Derek Allen and Alan Hodgson.